http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: An epic ride to end the month

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

An epic ride to end the month


April 2008 is finally in the books. Who knew you could fit all 4 seasons in a single month!!

This past week's been especially hard with the return of winter like weather but we had a short reprieve on the weekend with some decent temps. This was short lived as this morning we had another dusting of snow.

Moving forward towards May brings renewed excitement of sunny skies, warm afternoons and the majority of training happening outside!

Speaking of training.. with today's shitty weather I decided to end the month with an epic bike ride.

Unfortunately this ride was indoors but I was on the bike none the less so it's all good.

BIG BIKE DAY BABY!!





4 hrs 15 min and 110km. Today's been the longest ride of the year and will set me up for some epic long rides in the coming weeks.

I have about 5 weeks until World's and physically speaking... I feel more then ready. Mentally.. not so much... Over the next few weeks that will change as I log some quality riding and running km's outside on the road. I've only been outside on my road bike 3x this season. :(

I shouldn't be concerned though.. by the numbers I managed to get in a very solid month of training.

I took the past week off swimming as well.. just to make sure I wasn't over training.. most I've EVER swam in my Tri career to date.

April Totals.

Swimming: 27200 meters - 11:33:00
Biking: 831 kilometers - 33:30:00
Running: 38.5 kilometers
- 04:50:00


Looking forward to what May will bring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home