http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: ahh Spring time in Calgary

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ahh Spring time in Calgary

Spring 2008 *sigh*


I was looking at some old entries and came across April 20th 2007

hmmm something looks oddly familiar..... cold... snow... cold.. what's this white stuff???

Last Friday we were hit with a HUGE Spring snow storm of biblical proportions.. ok ok well maybe not that bad.. but WTF we're about a week away from May!!

This morning I awoke to a balmy -19C wind chill.. Bloody hell!!

Thankfully we're in for a reprieve of "normal" weather later this week and *fingers crossed* I'll be training outside this weekend.

Speaking of training.. I am on fire this month. Fitness is progressing very nicely and last week I enjoyed my first 15hr training week of the season. I'm allowing my body proper recovery from key workouts and stuck with a methodical base training program over the winter.. even when I felt I could do more. or do things at a higher intensity... The end result... no injuries.. no carrying deep fatigue from one workout to the next and subsequently NO over training!!

I'm on track for a truly epic month of training.

Swim: 37,000 m (est)
Bike: 800 km (est)
Run: 45 km (est)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl....(clears throat) Man! :-)

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home