http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: 3 months to the Triathlon World Championships

Friday, March 07, 2008

3 months to the Triathlon World Championships

I think it's about time for an update. It has been far too long.

The '07 World's in Hamburg seem like a lifetime ago yet it's only been 6 months. I had the incredible honour of winning a Silver Medal for Canada and met some amazing people and made some incredible memories that will last a life time.

Looking ahead, it's exactly 3 months to the day when I'll be competing in Vancouver for the 2008 World Triathlon Championships.

My winter base training came and went and culminated with getting sick last week. To be honest I was quite upset about falling ill. I haven't been sick since May of 2006.

Today was my first full day of training since last Tuesday. Overall I would say my cycling and swimming fitness is better then last year although I don't think I ran enough in February. Running has always been my greatest weakness and I still have 3 months to prepare myself.

March is going to be an epic month!

Now that I am back home in Calgary and can look forward to a long Triathlon career moving beyond the Olympic Distance, I've recommitted myself to the sport by splurging on a mighty steed. (sans Zipps)

Elle 3.0

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Meyer said...

Congratulations on your Silver, and hope your upcoming events are even better.

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home