http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: A change of focus......

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A change of focus......


Last September I registered for the Great White North 1/2 Ironman which is being held on July 1st. I promised myself then that if I felt my fitness wasn't "sufficient enough" I would roll over my entry until 2008. The deadline for said rollover is May 1st.

Gut check time.

Seeing where my fitness is right now, I've decided to remove the pressure of "fighting to gain fitness" and with it the risk of over training and rolled over my entry to next year.

I feel really good about this decision. The race will be there again next year and I want to make sure I'm properly prepared both physically and mentally for the event.

My body's health is my lively hood so I need to be aware of that and not push too far beyond my limitations.

That said.... with every door that closes a new door opens!

While I may not be at the fitness level to do a 1/2 IM, I do however have the fitness to complete an Olympic distance! Especially the 10km run. My LSD runs are now consistently 10km+ so I know my legs can handle it.

I've decided to shift my focus (A race) from the Great White North to the BG Edmonton World Cup Triathlon on June 24th.

The interesting thing about this race are the AWAD (Athletes with a Disability) slots available for the 2007 World Championships in Hamburg on Sept 2nd and the 2008 World Championships being held in Vancouver.

I've checked it with my doc and the ATA meaning I'm eligible to compete as an AWAD under the" Les Autres" classification and have an opportunity to qualify for Worlds!

The next two months will be an amazing journey.

It's amazing what the Universe will provide......

~la

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, ooo, Mr. Kotter. You gotta let me know when you are down here. I live right by the airport and we gotta ride dude!! Sept 02. I will keep the time around there open. Good luck w the training!

8:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home