http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: Breakthrough week

Friday, March 23, 2007

Breakthrough week


Alexandr Kolobnev celebrating his Stage 3 win of Paris - Nice (c) Tim De Waele


It's been a breakthrough week of training for me.. or what I like to call an "epic week". :)

My largest volume week of the year ~ 16 hrs


Swimming: 1500 m - 00:45:00 (missed 2 workouts to rest my shoulder)

Biking: 229 km - 9:12:00

Running: 14.1 km - 1:50:00

H20 Running: - 1:55:00

Weights: - 2:00:00

Now all I need is for my shoulder to heal up and I can start logging some decent time in the pool!

Fitness is feeling really good right now. This time last year I was fighting off a bad cold and showing early signs of over training that saw a dramatic drop in my weight as I wasn't eating properly (enough)

Not this season!

I'm following Joe Friel's program and diligently keeping a log of my daily workouts to prevent the mistakes I made last season.

It's all a learning process and my only goals this season are:
1) to have fun
2) to enjoy this wonderful lifestyle
3) to gain as much knowledge from my training and racing to set up up for IMC'08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home