http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: I've developed a close relationship with my fluid trainer

Sunday, February 11, 2007

I've developed a close relationship with my fluid trainer













It's been quite awhile since my last update!

School's been pretty full on these past couple of weeks and I've been feeling a tad run down trying to balance it all.

Instead of "pushing" through it, this early into my base training, I decided to take a few recovery days this past week and just allow the body and mind to settle.

It turned out to be a good decision because on Wednesday I reached a new PR for my LSD run... about 12 km!!! This is the longest I have ever run.. ever... since being hit and even though I incorporated 10 and 1's into the run, my legs and especially my left foot were pretty sore the next day. I took Thursday and Sat as full recovery days.

Saturday is my clinical practicum day so I really didn't get a chance to rest as I gave 4 hrs of massages that morning. It was great experience though. I love my clinical practicum!

The weather was really crappy out today, very cold and snowing so I opted to do a long 3 hr ride on my trainer (my new best friend!) and watched Lost: Survivor Gude and the new episode of Lost taped from last Wed night.




Monthly totals thus far: *incl 40 min H20 running*
Swimming: 3650 meters - 01:25:00
Biking: 201.2 kilometers - 07:45:00
Running: 16.02 kilometers
- 02:40:00

Tomorrow I begin week 4 of base training, my "step back" week. I may tweak it a bit and incorporate some light riding on Tues and Thurs, pending how my legs are feeling.

One more week until Reading Break. SaWEET!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home