http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: It is all about the bike.....

Saturday, January 06, 2007

It is all about the bike.....

The first week of 2007 was a prelude of things to come.

This season I am training smarter and more efficiently (to avoid the pit falls from last season [burn out, overtraining syndrome etc] ) by using a Half Ironman training program from Joe Friel on Trainingpeaks.com .


It's going to be a pretty busy winter but I am really looking forward to beginning my 12 week base training program (13-19 hrs /wk) on January 22nd.

My body is feeling great and the past few months of "training to train" have paid off. I took the time to build a solid bike base this fall and am now logging 5 hrs /125 km a week @ zone 1 effort.

Speaking of riding; this season, in addition to competing in Triathlon, I'll be riding for the Speed Theory Cycling Club , as a Cat 5 rider in some local road races, ITT (Individual Time Trials) and TTT (Team Time Trials).

It should be heaps of fun and I'm excited about meeting some new people who share a mutual passion for the bike.





1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Meyer said...

Thanks for the post in my blog. I am adding yours to my blogroll. Man what a comeback trail you have been on.
Read your earlier post about how much you have changed in a year, I know what you mean. I look back at pictures from 2 years ago and say man was I ever FAT!
I feel sooo much better since this fitness bug bit me.
Wishing you the best for the 2007 season.

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home