http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: 23 weeks and a wake up

Friday, January 19, 2007

23 weeks and a wake up

23 weeks and a wake up until The Great White North Triathlon! My A race.... my 1/2 Ironman.



Come this Monday (Jan 21st) the transition phase of my yearly periodization ends and I "officially" begin my base phase training schedule.

These past few months have been a great "transitional" period. I spent lots of time in the saddle building a solid bike base and focused on strengthening my back, shoulders and legs from weight training. I didn't get to run as much as I wanted so I will be incorporating some H20 running into my structured training program.

After a 3 month break, I got back into the pool this past week and have already found my form. My 100m splits are faster by about 10 sec since last spring.... to about 1:50.... and I'm averaging 12-14 strokes per 25m. The UCTC swimming program should really help me take my stroke to the next level.

I kick things off this week.

Workouts consist of:

Base Phase training: Week 1
Mon:
H20 run (40 min)
Weights: 45 min

Tues:
Bike: 1 hr (zone 1 -2)
Swim: 15oom

Wed:
run: LSD (1 hr)

Thurs:
Bike: 1 hr (zone 1-2) SL drills
Swim: 1500m

Fri:
Bike: 1 hr (zone 1-2)
Weights: 45 min

Sat:
H20 run: 30 min (optional)

Sun: Super Sunday
Swim: 1500m
Bike: 1 hr 30 min (zone 1-2)
Run: 30 min

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lawson said...

hehe I hear ya mate... got my belt all ready to go!

6:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home