http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: A good way to start daylight savings time.. epic Sunday

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A good way to start daylight savings time.. epic Sunday

















Is it just me or has today just flown by! Like many others all over NA, I went around last night and changed all my clocks before bedtime, the whole time thinking.. this feels weird doing this in March. I even forced myself to get to bed "early" to try and get back that lost hour of sleep.... well...

..Getting up for my morning swim was a chore.. let me tell ya LOL

The forecast in Calgary called for a glorious day of sunshine and warm temps so I was eager to get outside on log an epic ride. That's exactly what I did!



My swim was so so... I am still nursing an inflamed Supraspinatus Tendon so I cut my swim short to 1800m.

Swim (45 min)
w/u 500m
50 drill/50 swim x 5
2 x 300 (30").. (ended up being about 60" to rest my shoulder)
c/d 200

My shoulder started feeling stiff and weak near the end of my 300's so it was a good decision to go easy in the pool today.

Did some cross fibre friction massage on the tendon and iced it before I went out on the bike.

The sun felt so warm.. so nice and it wasn't too windy that I didn't want to come inside! I could have ridden all day!

Today was the perfect day to do some exploring so loaded up Elle 2.0 and made my way out towards Sundre Alberta.




All told I logged 3 hrs 49 min and 103 km. Longest ride of the year (thus far!).

Legs feel really good although I need to make a few modifications to my bike set up.

1) I need to get a bracket for my Profile Aerodrink
2) I need to go in an see Mark at Speed Theory for an aero position refit. My position felt a bit "off" today. Probably a good idea to get refit this early in the season anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home