http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: Life has come full circle... a new addition to my bike family!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life has come full circle... a new addition to my bike family!

Way back in 1993 while attending the University of Victoria (GO Vikes!) I made a decision to become a bike commuter.

Victoria is a small city, very easy to get from point A to point B and an absolutely wonderful place to ride a bike (even in the rain!)

For the next several years I was a true blue bike commuter. I didn't even own a car.

That remained true even when I moved to Portland, OR USA in the fall of 1997 to attend Western States Chiropractic College.

I relied solely on my mountain bike as my means of transportation. Portland has to be the most bike friendly city I have ever lived in. I loved living there, going to school and riding.

On the evening of June 8th, 1998 while riding home from the college I was hit from behind by a semi truck just before the intersection of Glisan St and 122nd Ave NE.

....................... The rest as they say is history.

Fast forward to 2006. I finally got up the "courage" to ride on the road again and began this wonderful journey in the sport of cycling and Triathlon.

Today things have come full circle.

Today I bought a mountain bike and equipped it to be my commuter this summer.

Primarily I'll be commuting every day about 40km (round trip) along the Bow River Pathway to the Holy Cross Hospital where I'm only 4 months away from completing my Massage Therapy program.

I am stoked!!!

This is really going to help my cycling base! hehe

Here's a couple of pics of my newest ride: A 2006 Rocky Mountain Hammer (with a few additions to function as a commuter.)






~ la

2 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Nice bike.and just read your last post doing the TT. Nice. This weekend, they are predicting 18 degrees weather..i can't wait to hit the road.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Andrew Meyer said...

Sweet ride, looks nice, should be a good comuter bike.

I am planning on using my Trek 1500 as a comuter, but just carying my stuff in a back pack instead of panniers.

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home