http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: Never thought I'd have to buy one of these!...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Never thought I'd have to buy one of these!...

Now that my LSD runs are actually getting "long" I figured it's time to invest in some proper nutrition/hydration gear.

Today I did my LSD and used the belt for the first time. Wow have I ever been missing out! This thing is a beaut!

Last year my longest run was maybe 1:00:00 to 1:15:00 and I hardly ever drank or ate.

This year, now that my running fitness has increased and my LSD runs are pushing the 2 hr threshold (and since my long term goal is IMC'08!!) it's time I start training my body to take in the proper fluids and nutrition.

It it paid off today as I hit another PB!!

Stats:
LSD run
Duration: 2:06:00
Distance: 16.0 km PB!!!
AvHR: 135 (70% MHR, zone 2)

Recovery spin
Duration: 00:30:00
Distance: 10 km
AvHR: 110 ( < 60%, recovery)

Going to take tomorrow as an active recovery day and do a mild aqua jog; just as a precaution to allow the legs to heal up from today.

Friday is calling for 15C and sunny so I'm hooking up some Tri buddies to do a 2 hr ride in the morning.




~la

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lawson said...

Hey Libor, thanks mate your encouragement really means a lot!

I've learned heaps over the past year reading your training blog..

I think I really need to nail down my HR zones as I'm still doing a bit of guess work.

cheers

6:49 pm  
Blogger Andrew Meyer said...

Wow doing great Pete. I need to get my training back on track, need to concentrate on doing LSD runs and bike rides. With the focus on the "S", I tend to go too fast, got to learn to slow down.

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home