http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: One week away from the pool = one fast swimmer

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One week away from the pool = one fast swimmer

It wasn't by design but somehow I managed to have 7 days away from the pool. I had some pretty heavy training days last week; almost 300 km on the bike and a new PB with my LSD (1.5 hrs) so I ditched my Thurs and Sunday early am swims to sleep in.

At the time I felt a tad guilty... I LOVE my training but my body was telling me to rest and I listened.

Good thing too because I was in the pool at 6am this morning eager to do some laps. I probably had one of THE best swims of my training season thus far. Everything was just in "sync". I was gliding SO effortlessly and at one point my stroke count was down to 14!!

After the Tri swim class finished (today was a pretty mellow 2.5 km workout) I was feeling really great and decided to do a 2.0km time trial in lieu of my 1/2 IM exactly one month and one day from today!

I haven't swum 2.0km "continuously" this season so I wasn't sure what to expect. I started out pretty slow, 10:30 over the first 500m.. yeah that was pretty slow!! ... but put in some solid negative 500m splits over the next 1500m and finished the entire swim in 39:05.

Hopefully I can hit around that mark at my 1/2 IM next month. Cripes the race season is here!!! What the hell am I going to wear....

And now for something totally different.. the season finale of House is on tonight!! Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when that happens! I find I often have great swims after a quick break, too. Maybe my body gets sick of laps, and then I take a break, and it forgets that it got bored? Dunno =)

9:27 am  
Blogger Cliff said...

Peter..

your count stroke is really good. are u swimming in a 25 m pool??

My time for 1 K is about 22-23 min. But my count stroke is quite high..i think around 19 or so.

2:12 pm  
Blogger Peter Lawson said...

Hey Cliff :)

yeah mate it's a 25m pool! My Stroke count is usually in the 17-19 range as well, but yesterday was just "on".

cheers mate

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home