http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: Hey hey it's Sunday... Happy Mother's day and wow it's my birthday! :)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hey hey it's Sunday... Happy Mother's day and wow it's my birthday! :)




















Happy Mother's Day, I love you mom and hope you enjoyed a nice relaxing day. Dad better have made you a nice diner!! :)

Damn this week has flown by and I've been slacking on my blog entries. Egads, I also turned 36 yrs young today!

In celebration for my birthday weekend I thought it would be appropriate to go long with my workouts. 128km bike yesterday (4 hrs 58 min) short 20 min brick afterwards and a 4km swim today (1 hr 35 min) .

I cut back on my running this week to try and get in some solid bike days.
Wed ez spin: ~ 22 km
Thurs: 85km
Fri (ride cut short because of wind gusts) 25 km
Saturday's epic ride: 128km.

I logged some pretty decent km's on the bike this week ~ 260km so I'm taking these next few days to recover well then will kick my bike training into the next "gear" later this week.

I'm at the point now where a 100km bike is a walk in the park.

For comparisons sake, I did my first long ride of the season back on April 2nd, 96 km in about 4 hrs 15 min. It nearly fricking killed me LOL. I was pretty spent.

Yesterday I hit the 96km mark at 3 hrs 42 min then continued to ride for another 1hr 16 min.. then ran for 20 min afterwards! Huge improvement!! Yay it's good to see all the hard training is paying off!!

Well, actually I owe it all to my Beefcake 4000!! Gotta hit Costco again here soon to get some more! LOL ;)


My race season officially kicks off on May 28th.. two weeks!! I'll be treating each sprint distance as my "speed day" workout and to gain more experience in the sport. My B race is on June 24th, the Chinook 1/2 IM then it's a 3 week recovery/taper window until my A race, the Edmonton ITU World Cup where I hope to qualify for the World Championships.

I can't believe the race season is in full swing. Time really does go by faster as you get older eh?!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! No better way to spend a birthday w/ your best friend ...THE BIKE!!!

3:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Peter
Mom loved your card
Love Dad xxoo

5:56 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday. :)

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo happy birthday!

6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home