http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: What do you mean you don't eat red meat???!!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What do you mean you don't eat red meat???!!













I love the first Tuesday of every month. Why? Well it's quite simple. 10% off day at Safeway!!!

Now usually I'll do a circuit and wheel my trolley up and down each isle and load up on the things I need for the month.

Today was no exception. 2 (x 12) boxes of Cliff Bars, Can of Gatorade powder, a few tubs of yoghurt, bagels.. Milk, OJ, yams, squash, etc etc.. you get the picture. :)

After completing the circuit my trolley was quite full... here's a symbolic representation of how much food I bought today.....




Now, I find this quite annoying and I'm sure you've had it happen as well. The check out lady was eyeballing EVERY fricking thing I bought and commenting on it!!

The women queuing behind me (who was quite attractive I might add!!) had a good chuckle so it's a good thing I didn't buy anything "too" embarrassing!!!

As the cashier scanned though my meat purchases she made the keen oberservation that I didn't buy any red meat.

"You don't eat red meat or you're just not buying it today?" she quipped.

I replied, no I don't eat red meat and haven't for almost 18 years. I just don't enjoy it.

"But you live in Alberta!! How can you not eat red meat?.. Even if it's just once a year..".

ROFL I was cracking up. Told her, I don't want to get any

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.

She's like "huh?"

ROFL.. That juts made my day!!

Moo!!!



1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

No red meat...woah hard core :)

Too bad u live so far away...a few months back i order 14 boxes of Clif bar from the states...split that between 3 friends.

i am going to do it again. This time i htink i know a way to save even more money. I think last time i got about 1.50-1.60 per bar.

I use to love chocolate chip flavour.but now i like brownie better.

11:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home