http://www.makepovertyhistory.org It's all about the journey: Yay it's a long weekend!!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Yay it's a long weekend!!

Happy Victoria Day long weekend!!

Things to do this weekend: Train, drink, eat, sleep. Train, drink, BBQ, sleep, train, drink, BBQ, eat, sleep. Ahh I love long weekends!

The past few days have seen some record temps here in Cowtown.

Tuesday turned out to be a record setting day! Not only did Calgary break a 100 yr old record temperature high (it was 30C+ !!!) but I managed to complete a morning 2 hr swim and a 60km bike and then come back later that evening to complete an intensive 1 hr hill interval bike workout. Crickey I was pretty tired Tues night!

Wednesday saw another 30C day. I set a new PB for my LSD. 1.5 hrs!!! That's the longest I've ran since completing my 1/2 IM in Victoria back in '95. Crickey!!

Quick aside.......

Elliot Yamin was voted off Idol on Wed.. so sad.. so glad.. Go Katharine!!! Kat > Taylor!


Thursday saw another beautiful day. I set out with my friend Carmen and we fired it up on the bike! 84 km in 3 hrs. We could have easily done 90+ in that timeframe but I bonked about 2 hrs 15 min into the ride. I need to revisit that nutrition article in last months Triathlete Mag.
Bring more food fool!!!
Eat the food fool!!!
Stop losing bottles on your XLab Flatwing!! (Lost another bottle yesterday!! arg!)


Finally, a big shout out to the City of Champs. Good luck tonight boys, you're representing an entire country now!!





2 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Here it is 16 and 17 :)..nice and cool. Too cool for me.

At least u only loose a bottle. I have a specialized products that has two bottle cage at the back of my seat. One of the cage actually flew off on one of the bumpy ride back home.

Nuts :(

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm sounds like a great weekend! I can't wait til our long one that is coming up.

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home